Quick Profile of Kimbella Matos
- Full name: Cathryn de Prume
- Date of Birth: July 4, 1964
- Age: 58 years old
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn, the United States
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Canadian ethnicity
- High school: New York High School of the Performing Arts
- College: State University of New York and then Purchase College Purchase, New York
- Career: Actress, Writer, Producer
- Famous for: Many films including Deadtime Stories
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband: Brent Brown
- Children: Kylie Brown
- Religion: Buddhism
- Instagram: @cathryndeprume
- Net Worth: $2 million
Who is Cathryn de Prume?
As indicated, Cathryn de Prume is an actress who was born on July 4, 1964, in Brooklyn, United States. She was brought up alongside her siblings Ivan de Prume and Andy de Prume by her parents and Julia de Prume.
As regards her education, the talented actress went to New York High School of the Performing Arts. From there, she attended the State University of New York and then Purchase College Purchase, New York, United States.
Is She Married?
In 2004, Cathryn de Prume got married to Brent Brown who is also an actor popular for films such as Black Day Blue Night (1995), and Buona Fortuna (2009).
Details are unclear as regards how they met and the circumstances behind how they started dating, but they have remained ever close since their marriage. The couple is blessed with an amazing daughter, Kylie Brown. Kylie does not seem to be interested in becoming an actor like her parents. Instead, she seems to be more interested in tennis.
Fascinating Facts To Know About Cathryn de Prume
1. Cathryn de Prume began her acting career in the 1980s
Cathryn grew up with a strong knack for becoming an actress. This came through in 1986 when she got a small role in The Equalizer, followed by another role in Deadtime Stories. Another role came for her in 1987 when she appeared in the film, Five Corners. From then on, she continued to appear in more productions including the following:
- 1988– Crime Story, The Street
- 1989– Bloodhounds of Broadway
- 1990– Navy Seals
- 1991– Love, Lies, and Murder; Northern Exposure; Civil Wars
- 1990-1991– Evening Shade
- 1992– Coach; CrissCross
- 1992-1993: Down the Shore
- 1994: Terminal Velocity;
- 1995: If Not for You
- 1996: Mrs. Winterbourne
- 1999: Martial Law
- 2000: That’s Life
- 2001: Crossing Jordan
- 2002: Random Shooting in L.A.
- 2003: Scrambled
- 2004: NYPD Blue; Without a Trace
- 2005: Er; The Civilization of Maxwell Bright; Over There
- 2007: Spin
- 2008 Surviving
- 2009: The Actor Diaries; Buona Fortuna
- 2010: Grey’s Anatomy
- 2011: Rules of Engagement, Bird Dog, Nearly Normal, Deep Blue Breath
- 2013: True Blood
- 2014: Ask Me Anything, Murder101, Wild
- 2015: Halt and Catch Fire, Code Black
- 2016: Shameless, Hawaii Five-0
- 2018: Liza on Demand
2. She is a Buddhist
As regards her religious practice, Cathryn is a practicing Buddhist. More than just being ardent about the religion, she has also introduced many people including her mother, father, and even her two brothers.
3. She was born a Christian
Before her conversion, the actress was born a Christian and she revealed that she was very spiritual while growing up and would always go to church. She was 7 when she started going to church all on her own and when she became a teenager, she became a born-again Christian.
4. Cathryn de Prume is from an artistic family
Although she has also made a name for herself as an actress, Cathryn is from a line of very talented people. Her brother, Ivan is a musician, producer, and performer. They worked together on two short films. Apart from Ivan, her great-great-grandfather, Frantz Jehin Prume was a famous and celebrated musician in Canada.
5. She lost her mother in 2021
On February 14, 2021, the actress suffered the tragic loss of her mother, Cathryn de Prume who died at the age of 84. According to the actress, her mother fell and suffered a fracture in her arm and after that, it was found out that she had stage 4 lung cancer which had already moved to her brain.
6. What is the net worth of Cathryn de Prume
Cathryn de Prume has enjoyed a rather interesting and successful career over the years. With more than fifty films and TV shows to her name, she has a net worth that is estimated to be more than $2 million. Apart from directly throughout her career, she has also made money from her film production company with her brother which is known as de Prume Productions.