Lolita Davidovich is a Canadian actress who has been in the film business for a very long time. However, she has come to also be known in some quarters due to her marriage to former minor leagueg baseball star and film director, Ron Shelton
Lolita and Ron have been married since 1997 and they are blessed with two kids. Although the actress has drawn much attention to herself as a result of her career and marriage to the director, there are still many interesting facts to know about her.
Fascinating Facts About Lolita Davidovich
1. Lolita Was Born Into an Immigrant Family
Lolita Davidovich was born on July 15 1961 in Ontario, Canada, into a family of immigrants. While her father, Branko Davidović, was from Serbia, her mother was from Slovenia and the two moved to Canada where they would later have their daughter.
Raised as the youngest of three kids in Canada, she only spole serbian until she to kindergaten.
2. She Trained as an Actress In The United States
The serbian actres got her early education in Canada but because of her love for acting, she moved to the United States where she studoed acting at the Herbert Berghof Studio, in New York.
3. Lolita Shelton’s Breakout Role Was in Blaze
Although it was in 1983 that she got the chance to appear in her first fil in Class, the actress did not get a lead role until in 1989 when she got the part of the famous 1950s stripper Blaze Starr who had an affair with Louisiana Governor Earl Kemp Long in the film, Blaze.
The role became what earned her the recognition she rightly deserved and it also got her a Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Most Promising Actress nomination.
4. Davidovich Has Appeared In Close To A Hundered Productions
Since the moment that she started her career in the early 1980s when she was in her early 20s until her breakthrough, she has come around to appear in close to a hundred production as a film actress, TV actress, and voice actress. Among her most known works are:
- Leap of Faith (1992)
- Raising Cain (1992)
- Intersection (1994)
- Cobb (1994)
- Play It to the Bone (1999)
- Dark Blue (2002)
- Hollywood Homicide (2003)
- The Eleventh Hour (2005)
- Bye Bye Benjamin (2006)
- Good God (2012)
- Squatters (2014)
- The Longest Ride (2015)
- Sorry for Your Loss (2018)
- Good Witch Autumn (2019)
- Law & Order: Organized Crime (2021)
5. She Has Won Several Recognitions
Along the Line In a career that has lasted close to four decades, the 61 years old actress has been recognized in the forms of awards and nominations. Among the recognitions she has earned are the following:
- Tokyo International Film Festival 1993: Best Actress Award for Younger and Younger (1993)
- Gemini Award 2005 Nomination: Best Performance by an Actress in a Guest Role Dramatic Series The Eleventh Hour (2002)
- Satellite Awards 1997 Nomination: Best Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for TV for Harvest of Fire (1996)
- CableACE Awards 1992 Nomination: Supporting Actress in a Movie or Miniseries
for Indictment: The McMartin Trial (1995)
- CableACE Awards 1992 Nomination: Actress in a Movie or Miniseries for Prison Stories: Women on the Inside (1991)
- Chicago Film Critics Association Awards 1990 Nomination: Most Prominisng actress for Blaze (1989)
6. Lolita and Ron Met Through Their Work
The love story between Lolita and Ron is one that has sustained for many years. Like many other Hollywood couples, it was through their work that the couple first met. It is reported that Lolita and Shelton’s paths first crossed whehn they were working on the 1989 film, Blaze.
Not long afterward, they started dating and they remained together for many years before they tied the knot in 1997.
7. She Is Not The First Wife Of Ron Shelton
Although that was the first marriage for Lolita, it wasn’t the first for Ron Shelton who was previously married to filmmaker an New Media Artist, Lois Shelton. Although details about the marrige is not very clear, it is known that before theur divotce, they were blessed with two daughters, Stephanie Shelton and Gabrielle Shelton.
8. The Couple Is Blessed With Two Kids
The marriage between Lolita Davidovich is blessed with two kids, a daughter, Valentina Shelton who was born in 1999 and a son, Anton Shelton. According to the actress, there was a point that she stopped shooting many films because she was dedicated to bringing up her kids.
9. She Has A Good Height
Also known as Lolita David or Lolita Shelton, the actress is not only blessed with talent, but also with good looks and height. With a batural brown har, she has a height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m). She also has a slimbody build.
10. Lolita Davidovich Has A Good Net Worth
Lolita Davidovich’s net worth is estimated at $4 million. She has come a long way in her career as an actress, and is recognized as one of the biggest women from Serbia to make it that big in Hollywood. It is thanks to this that she has built for herself her generous fortune.