Quick Profile of McCabe Slye
- Full name: McCabe E. H Slye
- Date of Birth: April 15, 1996
- Age: 26 years old
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California
- Nationality: American
- Father: Paul Slye
- Mother: Cecil Hoffman (Cecil Slye)
- Sibling: Sam Slye
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- College: New York University
- High Shcool: Harvard-Westlake School
- Career: Actor, photographer
- Famous for: Appearing in the Fear Street trilogy
- Relationship Status: Single
- Instagram: @mccabeslye,@mccabetakespicshures
Interesting Facts About McCabe Slye
1. McCabe Slye was born in the late 1990s
McCabe Slye was born McCabe E. H Slye on August 1, 1998, in Los Angeles, California. He was brought up by his parents, Cecil Hoffmann and Paul Slye together with a brother, Samuel Slye.
The 24 years old attended Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. In February 2016, it was announced by Havard-Westlake that McCabe was accepted into New York University. He was there from 2016 to 2010 when he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management.
2. His mother is a famous actress
McCabe’s talent for acting might not be gotten too far from home as his mother is the famous actress, Cecil Hoffman, who is also often referred to as Heidi Hoffman. Now known as Cecil Slye, she had a career that spanned from the 198s into the late 1990s.
Cecil is known for her appearance in works such as Dream Street (1989) which was her debut, and then Wiseguy (1990). Other works she appeared in are L. A Law (1991 to 1992), Tombstone (1994), and The Monroes (1995 to 1996) amongst others.
3. He played baseball in high school
While he was in Harvard-Westlake, Slye played baseball together with Blake Rutherford who now plays as an outfielder in the Chicago White Sox. He revealed that he discovered both Baseball and acting when he was in the school, and at a point, it was thought that he would go pro and play in the MLB.
4. McCabe Slye started his career in 2016
The career of Slye as an actor started in 2016 when he became a part of the short film, I Am Be. In 2018, he took part in another short film, Four, followed by The Miseducation of Cameron Post in 2018. Since then, he has come to appear in several other TV shows and films including the following:
- Rise (2018)
- Destroyer (2018)
- Fear Street: Part One – 1994 (2021)
- Fear Street: Part Two – 1978 (2021)
- Fear Street: Part Three – 1666 (2021)
- Winning Time: The Rise of The Lakers Dynasty (2022)
5. Tommy was not the first thing he auditioned for
McCabe Slye plays the character of Tommy very well, but that was not the first role he auditioned for. He revealed that the first role he auditioned for was Peter and Caleb and then for Simon before he returned again to audition for Tommy which he landed.
6. McCabe Slye has a career as a photographer
Of course, Slye is better known for being an actor, but apart from that, he is also a photographer. Not so many details are available about his photography career, but we know that he has an Instagram handle where he shares pictures he takes. He also gets credited for being the still photographer for the short film, Gravedigger.
7. His brother also has a career in Hollywood
McCabe and his mother are not the only members of the family that have a life in Hollywood as his brother, Sam Slye is also in the industry, although less known. According to IMDB, he is also a director and writer, credited with the 2018 short documentary, Mario.
8. Is he married?
The 24-year-old actor and photographer is a talented and fine man who has kept a better part of his life away from the public. His love life is not very known, but we know that he is currently not married. It is not clear if he has a girlfriend at the moment or if he is single.
9. He has a good height
As regards his physical features, McCabe Slye is 5 feet 11 inches tall. Apart from his good height, he also has a body weight of 175kg